In this fast-paced world we live in, there’s always something demanding our attention – whether that’s taking care of your family, finishing a project at work or studying for a big final. We are programmed to go go go and do do do. It’s not as easy to slow down and check in with yourself and how you are feeling in the present moment. This is where the term “self care” comes into play, which is something I’ve been trying to focus on and prioritize lately.
This phrase has been talked about a lot recently, and for good reason! Adding self care ideas into your daily life can help you feel more balanced, present and relaxed. It’s about taking the time to slow down and be intentional. To be present and in the moment. (If this is something you already experience, you deserve all the praise hands because it does not come easily to me!)
Self care can be as simple or as involved as you want. Here are some of my self care ideas:
Daily Self Care Ideas
- Drink a cup of tea
- Read a book or cook dinner (do something you enjoy!)
- Spend time outside, weather permitting
- Use aromatherapy – light a candle, put essential oils in your diffuser, etc.
- Read the Bible or work on a Bible study
- Prioritize sleep
Weekly Self Care Ideas
- Set an intention for the week (like: Take things one day at a time)
- Take an epsom salt bath
- Try a massage, acupuncture or something else that helps you connect with your physical body
- Eat nourishing food
- Set aside time each week to unplug and be present
Consider implementing some of these self care ideas to help you find balance in your daily life. Sometimes I can only do one a week and other times I can do one or two a day. It’s not about checking it off your to-do list, it’s about carving out the time you have to put yourself first. I hope this has been helpful and opened your eyes to focus a little more on yourself this week. You deserve it!